[Pythonmac-SIG] What is Your Favorite Text Editor?

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Mon Apr 12 09:30:52 EDT 2004

On Apr 12, 2004, at 8:44 AM, Zachery Bir wrote:

> On Apr 11, 2004, at 1:45 PM, Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:
>
>> If pdb wasnt broken on emacs, I would consider it, but until then vim
>> is my python editor of choice.
>
> ??? I use pdbtrack in xemacs daily, and have yet to see anywhere where
> it's broken. Care to elaborate?

I've posted the problem in a number of places, including here, but
never stumbled upon a solution. Here it is again:

> When I try and run pdb.set_trace() under emacs, I get the following
> error:
>

> /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
> python2.3/pdb.py(992)set_trace()->None
> -> Pdb().set_trace()
> (Pdb)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 148, in ?
>   File
> "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
> python2.3/pdb.py", line 992, in set_trace
>     Pdb().set_trace()
>   File
> "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
> python2.3/bdb.py", line 52, in trace_dispatch
>     return self.dispatch_return(frame, arg)
>   File
> "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
> python2.3/bdb.py", line 80, in dispatch_return
>     if self.quitting: raise BdbQuit
> bdb.BdbQuit
>
> I do not get this behaviour when using pdb *without* emacs, so I am
> assuming this is a python-mode problem? However, I do not remember
> this occurring under linux. Has anyone run into this?

C.

--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia

"More and more of our imports come from overseas."
          George W. Bush, 25 September 2000
--
Putting http://wecanstopspam.org in your email helps it pass through
overzealous spam filters.