[Pythonmac-SIG] What is Your Favorite Text Editor?

Glenn Andreas gandreas at delver.com
Mon Apr 12 11:07:21 EDT 2004

At 8:01 PM -0700 4/11/04, Kevin Altis wrote:
>Well since every other possibility is being plugged...

So I of course would recommend  PyOXIDE
(http://projects.gandreas.com/pyoxide), though I also use a "stand
alone" version of the editor (no IDE features) for writing the IDE
(since madness can ensue trying to edit source for the IDE within the
IDE - especially since you need to restart the IDE to test the
changes, but not loose any of the editor windows, which you would if
you restart the IDE).

You should be able to use TextImp (a "demo" app included with the
underlying IDEKit) for similar effect (and some day I may release
TextOX, TextImp on steriods which is what I use).

So basically, there are lots of options, all depending on what sort
of workflow and UI style you are use to...

Glenn Andreas                      gandreas at gandreas.com
mondo blobbo, Cythera, Theldrow, oh my!
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Know