[Pythonmac-SIG] libpython2.3.a?

Lance E Sloan lsloan-000002 at umich.edu
Mon Apr 19 15:56:01 EDT 2004

I'm using a Mac OS X 10.3.3 machine with the Apple-supplied Python 2.3 and
the MacPython additions for Panther that are dated November 2003.  I'm
trying to build mod_python 2.7.10.  I am hoping that I can build and run it
with the Apple-supplied versions of Python and Apache.

After I ran mod_python's configure script, then ran make, I got this error:

cc:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/conf
ig/libpython2.3.a: No such file or directory

I've looked around my system and sure enough, I could not find that library
in any directory.  Is there a way to get that library without building
Python from source?

--
Lance E Sloan, Systems Research Programmer III
U-M WATS: Web Applications, Technologies, and Solutions