[Pythonmac-SIG] NibClassBuilder.py permission problem

Joancarles Casasin joanca at casasin.com
Tue Apr 20 12:53:49 EDT 2004

Hi everybody,

I suppose this question should go to the PyObjC list but I think it's too
silly and basic that will be really easy to all of you.

I'm trying to understand PyObjC-Cocoa stuff to leave W (sounds something to
do) for doing very simple stuff. I'm not a hardcoder nor a Unix user, so,
be comprehensive ;)

When following the tutorials from Apple (Cocoa) and moving to the basics of
PyObjC, I try to create the "CurrencyConverter" skeleton as suggested,
executing in the command line:
joancarl% /Library/Python/2.3/PyObjC/PyObjCTools/NibClassBuilder.py
MainMenu.nib > CurrencyConverter.py

But I get this:
tcsh: /Library/Python/2.3/PyObjC/PyObjCTools/: Permission denied.

Any idea?
I've checked the file and my user can write and read this file
(NibClassBuilder.py)

Many thanks,

Joancarles