[Pythonmac-SIG] Appscript and Excel

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Wed Apr 21 10:23:54 EDT 2004

On 21-apr-04, at 13:33, has wrote:
> The problem here is that Excel's 'Set' command («event XCELsetd») is
> different to the core 'set' command («event coresetd»)  that your
> AppleScript is using. (Turn on AEDebug and friends in the shell to
> see.)
[...]
>  (appscript is much less forgiving of bad aetes than
> AppleScript)

When I read this the question struck me: how come AppleScript can
handle this case just fine? It doesn't have any more info to work from
than appscript (or does it?) but somehow it does manage to convince
Excel to set the cell, if I understand the original poster correctly.

And couldn't a similar method to what AppleScript does be applied to
Appscripting?
Goldman