[Pythonmac-SIG] [Newbie] Problem running wxPython script

gohaku gohaku at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 24 13:01:23 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,
I just installed wxMac and wxPython successfully ( Or so I think ) and
I am having
problems running the following:

from wxPython.wx import *

class MyApp(wxApp):
     def OnInit(self):
         frame = wxFrame(NULL, -1, "Hello from wxPython")
         frame.Show(true)
         self.SetTopWindow(frame)
         return true

app = MyApp(0)
app.MainLoop()

I use "pythonw" to run the script but get the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "wx.py", line 1, in ?
     from wxPython.wx import *
   File "//Library/Python/2.3/wxPython/__init__.py", line 10, in ?
     import _wx
   File "//Library/Python/2.3/wxPython/_wx.py", line 3, in ?
     from core import *
   File "//Library/Python/2.3/wxPython/core.py", line 15, in ?
     import wx.core
   File "/Users/johndoe/Desktop/wx.py", line 1, in ?
     from wxPython.wx import *
ImportError: No module named wx

I am losing my mind searching newsgroups and the Web to see If I missed
anything.
And yes, I downloaded the Latest Installer for wxMac and wxPython.

btw, I am using OS Xv10.3.3.

Please help.
Thanks in advance.
-gohaku