[Pythonmac-SIG] Python Setup for Darwinports

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Apr 27 21:41:56 EDT 2004

On Apr 27, 2004, at 8:59 PM, Robert White wrote:

> I may have missed it, but I am not aware any macpython people
> contributing to the discussions of how to properly implement Python in
> MacOSX  and none of the darwinports people seem to be active on
> macpython when major discussions of how to implement python and
> pythnon-related software in darwinports are occurring.  Since I belong
> to both mailing lists, but do not feel that I am knowledgeable enough
> to comment on technical details, I think that it would be worthwhile
> if some of the people on darwinports who are implementing the new
> python implementation consulted with some on the macpython group and
> vice versa.  I have found that there is a significant amount of
> in-depth knowledge of the apple-installed python and running multiple
> pythons under MacOSX in the macpython group.
>
> If this has already occurred, I apologize for having missed that point
> and you can disregard this msg.  Otherwise, it is just an
> observation/suggestion and sorry for not thinking of it sooner.

This is a great suggestion.  It seems that Ronald Oussoren is already
subscribed.. he does have the technical knowledge to speak on both
lists about these issues, and I have just subscribed myself for
redundancy :)

Ideally discussions that involve changes to the Python source tree
would take place on pythonmac-sig, because there are more Python
committers subscribed here.