[Pythonmac-SIG] Eclipse and Python on MOSX?

Lance E Sloan lsloan-000002 at umich.edu
Sat Aug 7 15:50:30 CEST 2004

--On Saturday, August 7, 2004 1:40 PM +0100 Paul Donovan
<paul at donovansbrain.co.uk> wrote:
> I went through the steps listed in the article, and everything seemed
> fine (apart from the unit tests, I couldn't get the python file to work).
> The whole thing seems cool, but it's deathly slow on my 700MHz iBook.
> Should be OK on my 3GHz Xeon at work ;-)

Yeah, that should do the trick.

> Do you have Java 1.4.2 installed? I thinks that's a requirement for
> Eclipse 3.0 on OS X.

Yes, I've got Java 1.4.2.  I was trying to use Eclipse 2.1.3.  At the time
I downloaded it, a couple weeks ago, that was the latest stable version of
Eclipse.  Yesterday afternoon I checked again and I saw that version 3.0
was now stable.  So I tried it and now it works.

I should have mentioned in my original post that I was trying Eclipse 2.1.3.

--
Lance E Sloan, Systems Research Programmer III
U-M WATS: Web Applications, Technologies, and Solutions