[Pythonmac-SIG] How to build an app which includes non-standard Python packages?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Mon Aug 9 23:12:48 CEST 2004

I'd like to distribute an app built on Python which uses several
non-standard Python packages: Medusa, ReportLab, PIL.  I plan to
insist on Panther, and so use the standard /usr/bin/python.  Where in
my app should I place the extra packages?  Somewhere under Resources?
Is there anything special I need to do when building them to make sure
they work with the vanilla system Python when the app is installed on
another machine?  Is there a write-up which explains this?

Bill