[Pythonmac-SIG] What comes on Panther?

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Aug 10 00:14:00 CEST 2004

On Aug 9, 2004, at 6:04 PM, Jim Tittsler wrote:

> On Aug 10, 2004, at 05:07, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>> Panther comes with Python 2.3.0 in /usr/bin/pythonw? and
>> /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework with site-packages
>> symlinked to /Library/Python/2.3/.
> Speaking of which... are the version numbers in the property lists
> correct?  I have one machine that was upgraded and one that went
> through the "archive-and-install" process, and on each the
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Resources/Info.plist and
> version.plist files look like they are leftover from version 2.2.  Was
> that an oversight on Apple's part or have I somehow managed to get old
> files mixed in?

I would have to guess that it's an oversight on someone's part, and I
doubt it's Apple's :)  I don't have Panther on this machine at the
moment so I can't really say, but this definitely has been resolved in
the build of Python that is in the Darwin 8.0b1 preview sources online
(both plists say 2.3.3 in that case).