[Pythonmac-SIG] Building MacPy 2.3.4 for Jaguar

Tom Loredo loredo at astro.cornell.edu
Thu Aug 12 19:37:02 CEST 2004

Hi Bob-

Thanks a lot for the input into these problems.

> Maybe you have a strange locale set that magically causes the regexp
> problem?

I haven't done anything special with the locale, though perhaps some
installed software has.  Is there a way to check?

> The build problem is due to a missing -framework Python on that g77
> commandline.  Hopefully that build of g77 support's -framework.

It's the g77 build recommended by the SciPy folks, so I presume it
should work.  I'll fool a bit with it.

> Perhaps you should just upgrade to Panther like the rest of us have and
> save yourself some trouble :)

It's very tempting!  But a problem is that I'm developing a package
for astronomers (with NASA's support) and it really should support
Jaguar users.

If I upgrade to Panther, is there anything special that a Python
user/developer should do?  I.e., is it okay to "Upgrade" or should
I "Archive and Install"?

Thanks,
Tom