[Pythonmac-SIG] trouble with package manager on macosx 10.2.8 with python 2.3.4

israel at uandmedance.com israel at uandmedance.com
Fri Aug 13 22:44:12 CEST 2004

Hello folks.

I've run into a problem with the vimshell module and the Package
Manager app that comes with python 2.3.4 lately.  This might have
happened after I installed the alpha for python 2.4 but I'm not sure..
Anyway the problem I'm having is that when I try to run these programs
they never successfully run.  Python run from the terminal seems ok and
I can import to my heart's content.

 From Console.app:: first time trying to launch vimshell and package
manager.

Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]

subsequent launches return this error in the console.:

Aug 13 13:39:19 localhost WindowServer[614]: ERROR!
execle(/Applications/MacPython-2.3/PythonIDE.app/Contents/MacOS/
PythonIDE) returned, err=22

Would anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks for any assistance.

~Israel~