[Pythonmac-SIG] QuickTime.Qt beta & SequenceGrabber, anybody use it?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Tue Aug 17 00:07:01 CEST 2004

On 16 Aug 2004, at 23:50, Jerome wrote:

> thanks, that's a start, problem is the
> Carbon.Cm.OpenDefaultComponent() won't allow a 0 for 2nd argument to
> allow any subtype, so i dont know how to try my example otherwise,
> putting other subtypes just get null componentInstances

You should pass '\0\0\0\0': OSType values (the ubiquitous 4-char single
quoted strings in C) must be strings on the Python side.

I keep going back and forward on this design: sometimes I want to allow
integers too, sometimes I think it's too error-prone and want to keep
things the way the are, sometimes I want to do something in-between
(such as allow only 4-char Python strings or the specific integer
values 0 and maybe -1).

Anyone have any opinions on this?
Goldman