[Pythonmac-SIG] an odd problem with BundleBuilder

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Aug 17 00:51:28 CEST 2004

On Aug 16, 2004, at 6:41 PM, michael ferraro wrote:

> I am posting this in the SIG-imaging list as well. I thought
> someone here might have run into this also
>
> An app that I bundle using bundlebuilder that tries to open
> a jpg file using Image.open() returns:
> 	" IOError: cannot identify image file "
> the same script outside the bundle has no such problem.
> It also make no difference if the image file is contained
> within the bundle or not.
>
> I'm running OS X 10.3.4 with standard python and PIL 1.1.4

PIL uses a funky way to load image format plugins as late as possible,
so modulefinder can't reliably detect which image plugins you may or
may not need.  py2exe has the same problem with PIL.

Basically you need to include the whole PIL package, or you need to
explicitly import any image plugins you think you may need.  I forget
the bb commandline or 'buildapp.py' syntax to do it, so either someone
else will have to chime in or you'll have to look it up.