[Pythonmac-SIG] Publicity opportunities

steve harley garbanzito at mac.com
Thu Aug 19 07:44:28 CEST 2004

on 18 Aug 2004, at 2:04 PM, has wrote:
> The AppleScript language isn't all that interesting, [...]
> High-level Apple event-based IAC is a killer technology, [...]
> The current version of appscript, 0.5.0, is reasonably complete,
> moderately usable and sufficiently well documented that someone with
> experience in application scripting on Frontier or AppleScript can use
> it quite successfully

i just want to reinforce has's well-framed comments.. as someone from
the trenches of AppleScript & Frontier, and with a decent OO
background, a few stabs at Python have quickly convinced me that Python
+ [something like appscript] can be far more productive than
AppleScript, and could quickly become the choice of savvy Mac
application scripters if AppleScript weren't so entrenched.. i would
love to see Apple support has in his efforts with appscript