[Pythonmac-SIG] Xpython

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Aug 19 15:38:25 CEST 2004

On Aug 19, 2004, at 8:07 AM, oscar sanchez wrote:

> Hi, I just found the XPython plug-in (bin version, source won't
> compile), but I can't get to work. I'm putting it at:
>
> ~/Library/Application Support/Apple/Developer Tools/
>
> I tried also:
>
> ~/Library/Application Support/Apple/Developer Tools/Plug-ins/
> /Library/Application Support/Apple/Developer Tools/Plug-ins/
>
> none of them worked. I've also found that if I have one copy on the
> first dir and another one on the third, Xcode (1.5) won't startup, so
> it is detecting them. what I'm missing here?

Maybe it is working, what do you expect it to do?  I think you might be
able to tell by looking at the console while Xcode is starting up, or
maybe it adds a Python menu to the menu bar with some trivial options.
It's just a proof of concept and isn't supported in any way shape or
form.  I don't know why it doesn't compile for you, and it has never
been tested with Xcode 1.5.  It was developed quite some time ago and
isn't likely to be touched again unless Apple opens up some of the
Xcode APIs (particularly the debugging plug-in API).