[Pythonmac-SIG] Publicity opportunities

steve harley garbanzito at mac.com
Thu Aug 19 23:08:28 CEST 2004

on 19 Aug 2004, at 9:59 AM, has wrote:
> I couldn't care less about Apple supporting appscript or not. I think
> it's fine that OSS developers should provide the language-side support
> themselves; if they can't be bothered to do it then why should Apple?

i was thinking along the lines of Apple including appscript (when
finished, i guess) with the default Mac OS X Python, which would make
it easier to write a Python/appscript tool that would be plug & play
for all Mac users.. on the other hand, if bundling Python apps becomes
easier, maybe it will just be enough to build appscript into the
bundles

> All I want Apple to do is provide decent APIs and a level playing
> field.

yeah, we would see more efforts like yours if Open Scripting
Architecture were to live up to its name