[Pythonmac-SIG] how do you determine if you're running a bundlebuilder standalone?

Kevin Altis altis at semi-retired.com
Fri Aug 20 20:09:16 CEST 2004

I have the following function for determining at runtime whether a
program is running standalone, but it needs to be updated for Mac OS X
and bundlebuilder.

# Thomas Heller's function for determining
# if a module is running standalone
def main_is_frozen():
     return (hasattr(sys, "importers") # py2exe
             or imp.is_frozen("__main__") # cx_freeze or tools/freeze
             or hasattr(sys, "frozen") # McMillan installer
             )

What's the magic attribute for bundlebuilder standalones?

ka
p.s. I'm waiting to get a Linux built tar.gz of PythonCard 0.8 to test
on the Mac in order to give you a more detailed answer to the distutils
question.