[Pythonmac-SIG] Rendezvous & Python

Jerome jeremy.knope at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 17:47:43 CEST 2004

I'm trying to find a rendezvous solution to use in python, of course i
know i can use the PyObjC to access OS X's rendezvous, although I'm
not sure how to use the publishing part of it, at least not in a
non-ui sense maybe.

also i've found PyZeroconf, but it seems to lock up in some part of
it, so you can't ctrl-C quit a program using it.  although maybe this
is a simple fix for it.

I've been pondering if wrapping a C library for rendezvous would come
out better, at least for cross-platform.  or maybe pyzeroconf is
fixable, just don't like the sticking...
anybody got ideas?
 --jerome