[Pythonmac-SIG] Message in Terminal

João Leão joaoleao at gmx.net
Fri Aug 27 21:35:38 CEST 2004

Hi list

When I run a Python script through Terminal (for ex: "python
somescript.py") terminal spits the following output:

## Component Manager: attempting to find symbols in a component alias
of type (regR/carP/x!bt)

This happens everytime I run a pygame script, although I haven't
noticed any problem besides the message.
Today it happened again with another script that produced intended
output (a list of files in a directory) and it was really annoying to
see the above message appear between the first and second lines of the
output.
It was obvious that the message is caused by subsequent code and not at
initialization as I thought before.

I was able to insulate the line that caused (in this particular case)
the message. After importing CoreGraphics:
img = CGImageImport(CGDataProviderCreateWithFilename(inputFile))

Any ideas? Has someone seen this message before?

I have the standard Python 2.3 running on Panther 10.3.5 but I remember
seeing this message at least since the first release of Panther.
May it have something to do with the old and new Python (before and
after Panther)? I remember that I didn't removed the old site-packages
when I upgraded.

Cheers
_
joão