[Pythonmac-SIG] python with readline support

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Sun Aug 29 01:39:14 CEST 2004

On Aug 29, 2004, at 06:58, John Hunter wrote:

> My question is: is there an easy way to get readline support in
> python.  Normally you have to rebuild it.  Has anyone done this (how

The *easiest* method is to install it with the PackageManager (AKA
Python Install Manager, AKA Package Install Manager for Python) which
is part of the MacPython addons you can download from
<http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/download.html>   readline
support is in one of the "official" packages, so you can download and
install it with just a few clicks.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/