[Pythonmac-SIG] traceback looking for _bsddb

Lincoln Rutledge rutledge.50 at osu.edu
Mon Aug 30 16:29:10 CEST 2004

Hi Python Mac'ers,
I am running 10.3.5 with Jack Jansen's goodies installed, Tcl/Tk and
IDLE are working.  I am using Phil Pearson's cool cli blog program
bzero, and it is looking for _bsddb.  Here is the traceback:

> Publish
> opening state file /Users/lrutled/.bzero/the rock garden/directory.dbm
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/bzero", line 40, in ?
>     go()
>   File "/usr/local/bin/bzero", line 37, in go
>     main.main()
>   File "b0lib/main.py", line 194, in main
>   File "b0lib/poll.py", line 153, in main
>   File "b0lib/publish.py", line 28, in __init__
>   File

"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/anydbm.py",
>   line 82, in open
>     mod = __import__(result)
>   File

"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/dbhash.py",
>   line 5, in ?
>     import bsddb
>   File

"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/bsddb/__init__.py",
>   line 40, in ?
>     import _bsddb
> ImportError: No module named _bsddb
> Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "Publisher instance has no
> attribute 'state'" in <bound method Publisher.__del__ of
> <b0lib.publish.Publisher instance at 0x579918>> ignored

I do not have Apple Developer Tools or the BSD SDK installed, so that
may be the problem.  Or a path problem or deity knows.  If anyone has a
clue for me, I'd sure appreciate it :)  Phil thinks I'm missing
something on the Python side, and I believe him as he has bzero running
on a couple other platforms.

Pack-man doesn't show any addons that I don't have that look promising,
but maybe I need to investigate that some more.  Or maybe the prefix "_"
shouldn't be there (import _bsddb)...

Anyhoo, thanks,

Lincoln

electro-magnetic pulses from French above ground nuke testing.