[Pythonmac-SIG] traceback looking for _bsddb

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Mon Aug 30 16:39:25 CEST 2004

On 30-aug-04, at 16:29, Lincoln Rutledge wrote:

> Hi Python Mac'ers,
> I am running 10.3.5 with Jack Jansen's goodies installed, Tcl/Tk and
> IDLE are working.  I am using Phil Pearson's cool cli blog program
> bzero, and it is looking for _bsddb.

You need to install the bsddb package. But: that package isn't
currently featured in Package Manager, and I think I've heard here that
it is non-trivial to build.

So, questions for you all:
- Is bsddb interesting enough to add to the Package Manager?
- Can someone send me a recipe for how to build it?
Goldman