[Pythonmac-SIG] pretty printers, tabnanny and the like

kevin parks kevin at macosx.com
Thu Dec 2 08:58:01 CET 2004

i used to. somehow, can't recall exactly... have a python script that i
could use to clean up my python code and convert all the tabs spaces
and insure that tabs and spaces were not mixed. It may have been
tabnanny which use to come as a script and now, annoyingly may be a
module, i dunno. but anyway i  want something like tabnannny to check
AND FIX my messed up files and i don't want to have to do it from the
interpreter, i want to be able to do it from the terminal like:

% fixthis messy_script.py

boom

and have my line endings and indents and tabs all fixed. I know that
there used to be something like this, then i stupidly started using
BBedit and now i don't have it anymore and i just want a thingy that
will fix my stupid tabs and spaces.

and a pretty printer like perl tidy would be nice too. Anyone know of
one of these for python?

interestingly i can import tabnanny but if i search for it on my hard
drive, it doesn't appear. I have not idea where it is now...

cheers,

kevin