[Pythonmac-SIG] Building 2.4

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Mon Dec 6 14:12:51 CET 2004

On 3-dec-04, at 16:55, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> I'll see if I can build a working example for this tomorrow.

The timemachine failed, but I managed to create something that actually
works.

The attached pseudo-package patches distutils when you try to import
it. It performs two patches:

1) The changed linking command as mentioned before in this thread

2) Distutils will now install scripts and include-files in
/Library/Python/2.3/additional-files. The buildext command should also
pick up the include-files that are installed in additional-files.

Item 2 takes away the need to change the permissions and/or ownership
of files in /System/Library/Python.framework.

NOTE: this code is barely tested.

Ronald