[Pythonmac-SIG] Broken IDLE on Panther. Where are the user preferences?

Brad R romb23 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 17 21:38:02 CET 2004

I installed IDLE as follows (From FAQ 4.5):
"Download and install TclTkAqua
Download and install the MacPythonPantherAddons if you
are using the version of Python 2.3 included with OS X
10.3
Open PackageManager, it is located in
/Applications/MacPython-2.3
Install _tkinter
You may then use Tkinter based applications such as
IDLE"

It worked fine until I decided to change some key
bindings through IDLE preferences. After that, IDLE
wouldn't start. IDLE still works fine logged in as a
different user and PythonIDE still works in my home
folder so I assume some IDLE specific user preferences
were corrupted in my home directory.

Questions:
1. I want to blow away all traces of IDLE in my home
directory to try to fix this. What files are added or
changed in a user directory (ie /Users/rob)? I found
IDLE.plist in ~/Library/Preferences but Trashing it
didn't help.

2. Any other suggestions to get IDLE working again in
my home directory?
Thanks in advance.