[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app standalone options

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Sat Dec 18 03:45:55 CET 2004

On Dec 16, 2004, at 6:29 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> On Dec 16, 2004, at 6:00 PM, has wrote:
>
>> On a separate issue, I've noticed the semi-standalone option appears
>> to be buggy in 0.1.6. When I set it to true, py2app correctly omits
>> standard modules and extensions from Resources/Python, but is still
>> including the core Python.framework. I'm running MacPython 2.3.3
>> under OS 10.2.8. If you want the build logs and/or finished
>> application bundles, let me know and I'll email them over.
>
> I'm pretty sure I know why this is, I'll fix it before next release.

Fixed in r266.  macholib detected Python as a non-system dependency
when you end up using extensions not included in the standard library,
since they are linked directly to the Python dylib (in some cases, but
always for 10.2).  Now py2app explicitly excludes any dylib that it
thinks is Python when filtering dylibs in semi-standalone mode.