[Pythonmac-SIG] Let's discuss MacPython distributions for january

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Dec 24 00:28:23 CET 2004

Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl> writes:

> Second question: I think the solution to peaceful  coexistence is that
> all Pythons adopt the solution sketched in Bob's mail
> <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/2004-December/
> 012292.html>. That discussion is rather technical, but what it boils
> down to is that all Pythons (on 10.3) build their extensions with
> "-undefined dynamic_lookup", thereby forestalling that extensions
> inadvertently pull in a second, different, Python framework.

Side question: do we know yet if the Python shipped with tiger will
get this right?  I think this is checkable by people not under NDA,
but if not at least those people who have seen Tiger previews can
think about it :)

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Sufficiently advanced political correctness is indistinguishable
  from irony.                                           -- Erik Naggum