[Pythonmac-SIG] How badly is _locale broken?

Brett C. bac at ocf.berkeley.edu
Tue Dec 28 23:11:38 CET 2004

I am planning to attempt to fix the _locale module (which 'locale' itself
imports and uses) for OS X.  As of this exact moment I am planning just fixing
localeconv (thanks to CFNumberFormatter and setlocale still at least storing
the supposed locale, even if it does ignore it), but I realized other stuff
might be broken.

Since I never personally use the module, does anyone know the extent of the
breakage?  Obviously I would rather just have to fix localeconv and keep my
life simple, but if it is more extensive I can see what I can do.

-Brett