[Pythonmac-SIG] pygames event.get() ?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Feb 3 05:19:27 EST 2004

Wayne Folta <wfolta at netmail.to> writes:

> I just discovered pygames and it's a great module. One puzzler,
> though, for anyone who is familiar with the package on MacOS X. (I'm
> assuming the example works on the PC, though maybe it never worked as
> typed.)
>
> The issue seems to be that pygame.event.get() is blocking. So the
> little ball moving around the screen only moves when I move the cursor
> around to feed it events. Any insight?

I think you can arrange for pygame to deliver an event every N
milliseconds, or something like that.  I don't know if that's the
usual way of doing animation -- I've never actually written a game in
pygame...

Cheers,
mwh

--
  For their next act, they'll no doubt be buying a firewall
  running under NT, which makes about as much sense as