[Pythonmac-SIG] Podpourri for iPod owners

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Wed Feb 4 09:10:02 EST 2004

Hi,

I've just overhauled my Podpourri app, a tool for iPod owners after
discovering it burned on a magazine CD-ROM two days ago... It's now
completely reimplemented in PyObjC and works internally much smarter
than before (if it worked at all ;-).

As of now Podpourri will extract iPod songs based on a regular ex-
pression search into a directory and nothing else. I've stripped of
two former features, XML and PDF export, since iTunes now exports
XML itself and the PDF thing was always more of a joke.

BTW, does someone know an iTunes-like tool to play songs on a Mac
directly from a connected iPod? iTunes seems to still prevent this
for whatever ideological reasons...

More off-topic, I'd be interested to know if iTunes can handle more
than one connected iPod at once in some useful (?) way...

OK, here it is:

   http://python.net/~gherman/Podpourri.html

Have fun,

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman - http://python.net/~gherman
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." (Alan Kay)