[Pythonmac-SIG] [ann] appscript 0.4.0 released

has hamish.sanderson at virgin.net
Fri Feb 13 09:51:22 EST 2004

Hi all,

Get it here:

    http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/appscript.html

Note the name change from 'AppScripting' to 'appscript', which is
(barring any better suggestions) what I'm going to go with.

More an interim release, as there's still a few holes in the
foundation to fill; e.g. AEAddressDesc support is still weak, so
still no Address Book scripting. The API is pretty much done and
dusted though, and the new application terminology handling is a big
improvement over the old code.

Only thing still bugging me is that Python doesn't have magic methods
for overridding 'and', 'or' and 'not' operators directly, as writing
test expressions is clumsy without it. (Do you think we should submit
a PEP for this?)

Feedback welcome.

has
--