[Pythonmac-SIG] Python package directory confusion

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Tue Feb 17 13:08:27 EST 2004

It seems as though my python installation on 10.3 is messed up. After
installing some packages, python is unable to see some packages that
are clearly present (e.g. Numeric). Upon inspection, I see that I have
2 package directories,
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/
site-packages/ and /Library/Python/2.3, the former being empty. Why are
there 2 locations, and why is MacPython using the empty one? More
importantly, how can I avoid this problem in the future?

Thanks,
C.
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia