[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: bundlebuilder tutorial available

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed Feb 18 12:22:28 EST 2004

On Feb 17, 2004, at 4:33 PM, Russell E. Owen wrote:

> In article <rowen-54D9C6.16153712022004 at sea.gmane.org>,
>  "Russell E. Owen" <rowen at cesmail.net> wrote:
>
>>  I have made a tutorial for bundlebuilder available at
>>  <http://www.astro.washington.edu/owen/BuildPythonMacApp.html>.
>>
>> It does not mention Bob Ippolito's nifty-sounding bundlebuilder2
>> preview
>> as I wasn't sure how widely that should be advertised.
>>
>> Comments and corrections welcome, as always. I could try to put this
>> on
>> the FAQ wiki if folks think it worthwhile.
>>
>> Also, my instructions for installing Tkinter have been updated. They
>> now
>> include instructions for Aqua Tkinter--nearly trivial, of course--and
>> also for X11 Tkinter
>> <http://www.astro.washington.edu/owen/PythonOnMacOSX.html>.
>
> Somebody has added a nice bundlebuilder page to the FAQ, rendering my
> page obsolete.
>
> Thank you very much whoever did that!
>
> I have modified my home page to point to the wiki and have ditched my
> tutorial (though it included a more complex example that showed how to
> unzip the modules.zip file, so if anyone needs that, contact me).

One of the features I'm going to add to bundlebuilder2 is a toggle for
the zip import hook, which is often more trouble than it's worth... so
that longer example will be unnecessary sometime soon.  Not to mention
the fact that bb2 can figure out what non-system frameworks you're
using and appropriately relocate their mach-o headers and include them
automagically.