[Pythonmac-SIG] re: Interpreting a crash dump

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Sat Feb 21 04:28:20 EST 2004

I was able to solve the problem of mismatched strncpy in my dylib
embedded python application by the following strategy.

1) Switch from -flat_namespace to -twolevel_namespace
2) Fix up a missing external _environ by using my own version.
3) Ensure the client was prepared for the double definition of _environ.

It seems environ is normally supplied by crt1 (ie the main startup). How
do other macpythoneers get round the problem (ie python internals refer
to _environ). The linker seems unable to do a mixed strategy ie link
evrything twolevel except for specified externals.
--
Robin Becker