[Pythonmac-SIG] New experimental PackMan packages: QuickTime and LaunchServices

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Tue Feb 24 18:03:44 EST 2004

I've added two new packages to the experimental PackMan database:

1. A new version of LaunchServices with the minor bug Bob reported
fixed. This
will go to the main database as soon as I get one or two "it works"
reports.

2. The first release of the QuickTime package, which will replace
Carbon.Qt for
MacPython 2.4. This new version opens many more APIs, such as the
Quicktime
Music Architecure, image codecs and much more.  I definitely need
feedback
on the usability of these new features, there's a good chance I missed
some
crucial API somewhere, so please try this one if you're interested in
quicktime.

Also note that I haven't had any feedback on the experimental OSA
package
yet. Please speak up folks!

At the moment the experimental database os 10.3-only. However, if
people on
OSX 10.2 are willing to promise they'll test stuff and report back I'm
willing to do
the extra work of building a 10.2 experimental database too. Let me
know.

You'll find the experimental database at
<http://www.python.org/packman/version-0.3/exp-darwin-7.0.0-
Power_Macintosh.plist>.
Goldman