[Pythonmac-SIG] python + pygame on OSX

Keith Nemitz keithn at 2xtreme.net
Tue Feb 24 18:46:12 EST 2004

Wow, is the 'one flavor suits all' concept still breathing? I would
have thought that went out with Ronald Reagan and MS-DOS. I wrote
'would be' instead of 'should be' and 'allow' instead of 'require'.

Some apps don't fit the 'place anywhere - run everywhere' model. In my
case, the installer determines locality access and the app itself
determines runtime access.

As a user, I don't want certain apps to go running around dropping
files all over my hard-drive, begging me to grant them su status during
their install and having to clean up their mess in order to completely
trash their app. Most users don't have a clue about their
preferences/library folder, but many of them have run out of space on
their hard drive.

But now we're OT, and - crap MS-DOS IS still around...
Keith Nemitz