[Pythonmac-SIG] Newbie path problem

LALOUX Martin M.Laloux at mrw.wallonie.be
Wed Feb 25 04:30:00 EST 2004

I am new in Macpython (Panther, working in win32 python) and i have a
problem with paths. When I launch a script (doubleclicking the .py file ->
PythonLauncher) which needs to open a file located in the same directory, I
have a message which says "file" not found.
When i launch the same script from terminal (cd..directory), no problem.
I wrote a small script which gives me the path of my script when I launch
it and here the results:
"with PythonLauncher:
martin $
"/usr/bin/pythonw"
"/Users/martin/Documents/pythondivers/documentation/PySource/testpath.py"
&& echo Exit status: $? && exit 1
path: /Users/martin
pythonpath:
directly from terminal :
PySource $ python testpath.py
  path: /Users/martin/Documents/pythondivers/documentation/PySource
pythonpath: "

What can I do because this problem is very annoying ?
Thank-you very much
Martin Laloux