[Pythonmac-SIG] hi, everybody!

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon Jan 5 20:26:01 EST 2004

On Jan 5, 2004, at 8:05 PM, Paul Sargent wrote:

> On 5 Jan 2004, at 22:20, Konrad Hinsen wrote:
>
>> On 05.01.2004, at 12:49, Alex Martelli wrote:
>>
>>> to the Mac, having just bought my very first ever for Christmas (12"
>>> iBook
>>> G4 -- I think I've installed all current SW and upgrades, incl. OSX
>>> 10.3.2,
>>
>> That must be a virus - I did just the same (not "Christmas" but
>> "end-of-yearly-budget spending frenzy", but the result is the same).
>> Welcome to the club ;-)
>>
>> I find the iBook positively addictive. I got one because of the nice
>> combination of size, weight, and autonomy, but I find myself prefer
>> it to my desktop machine more and more because the iBook is so
>> silent.
>>
> I've gone and done the same thing. Bought myself the G4 iBook a couple
> of months back.
> First Mac... just joined the list. Good to know I'm in not alone in my
> madness.

WARNING:

I "switched" just a little over 2 years ago and I've personally bought
three powermacs (G4-400 on ebay, G4-867 used from a friend, G5-2x2ghz),
two powerbooks (667mhz, 1ghz 15"), two iPods (5g and 20g), and an
iSight.  I've also spent far too much of my life figuring out OS X /
Darwin quirks, porting software to the platform, and wrapping Apple's C
libraries with Python.

And worst of all, my personal experience probably pales in comparison
to the amount of Apple I've inflicted on other people through
evangelism of OS X and MacPython and standardizing on the platform for
desktops at work (we're about 75% OS X, the rest is XP).