[Pythonmac-SIG] Applescript

Paul Sargent paul.sargent at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Jan 8 16:48:17 EST 2004

>> It's clear to me that you're engaging in a bit -- but just a bit ;)
>> -- of hyperbole about "read-only language."
>
> Only as much as Perl haters - and Perl lovers too(!) - like to indulge
> when describing Perl as the definitive "read-only" language. <g>

I assume you meant Perl was "Write-Only". I love using Perl for hacking
up various sorts of scripts (normally text-mangling), but woe betide
you if you want need to look back at code a year after you wrote it.

It's compact, fast and powerful, but it reads like Arabic to an
Englishman.

(or maybe I need to work on my coding style :)