[Pythonmac-SIG] Making icons

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Sun Jan 11 15:55:53 EST 2004

On 11.01.2004, at 21:49, Bob Ippolito wrote:

>> The icon name for Python applets (PythonApplet.icns) seems to be
>> hardcoded somewhere, changing the name in Info.plist is not
>> sufficient to make the Finder use some other icon. I guess I am
>> starting to explore the dark sides of MacOS...
>
> Make a copy of the bundle after you change Info.plist or whatever..
> Finder caches this, you're probably hitting cache.  Are applets really
> what you want?  Do they actually work?  I think most people are using
> bundlebuilder (I have no experience with BuildApplet).

It looked simpler, and good enough for my job. My applications are
really trivial (Python-wise), though very convenient: small scripts
that make Emacs and GIMP accessible as if they were proper
applications. I can now put them into the dock and drag files into them
:-)

Bundlebuilder is my next exploration project.

Konrad.