[Pythonmac-SIG] Making icons

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Sun Jan 11 17:50:06 EST 2004

On 11-jan-04, at 21:39, Konrad Hinsen wrote:
> The icon name for Python applets (PythonApplet.icns) seems to be
> hardcoded somewhere, changing the name in Info.plist is not sufficient
> to make the Finder use some other icon. I guess I am starting to
> explore the dark sides of MacOS...

The BuildApplet paradigm is that you override defaults (for .rsrc files
on OS9, on OSX .icns and .plist have been added) by putting a file with
the same basename beside your script.

So, if your script is myapp.py and you drop it on BuildApplet it will
look for a myapp.icns and use that if available.

That's how it should work, at least, check the source code to make sure
I actually implemented this:-)
Goldman