[Pythonmac-SIG] Handling bad dictionaries

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Wed Jan 14 18:14:59 EST 2004

On 14-jan-04, at 17:50, has wrote:

> Looks like a bug in Safari's dictionary. Script Editor, etc. show the
> 'do JavaScript' command as:
>
> do JavaScript : Applies a string of JavaScript code to a document.
> 	do JavaScript  reference -- the object for the command
> 		in document -- The document that the JavaScript should be applied in.
>
> But it really ought to look something like:
>
> do JavaScript : Applies a string of JavaScript code to a document.
> 	do JavaScript  string/unicode text -- the JavaScript to execute
> 		in document -- The document that the JavaScript should be applied in.
>
> Typical clueless Cocoa app... grr.

Do AppScripting and aeve have a way to deal with this situation? With
gensuitemodule it was easy: just hack the module after it was
generated, but for the new interfaces that won't work.

It would be nice if there was a file or module somewhere that could
contain "edit instructions"  for dictionaries known to be faulty. The
easiest form is probably a file with instructions "if you read the
dictionary of app X ignore entry Y" and "if you read the dictionary of
app X please add entry Z" where Y is some identifier and Z is an actual
entry in some intermediate form used by aeve/AppScripting.
Goldman