[Pythonmac-SIG] my first (and hopefully easy) tkinter question about a self-closing window

Thomas Grischott thomas.grischott at kantisargans.ch
Thu Jan 15 19:13:36 EST 2004

today i removed an older macpython 2.3-installation from my powerbook
g4 (mac os x 10.3.2) as discribed in
<http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/uninstall.html>. then i
installed the macpython for panther additions. then i installed
TclTkAqua-8.4.5-Panther.dmg and once again the macpython for panther
additions (because i read somewhere to first install tcltk andi didn't
know if the order matters).

now my little problem is that my first "hello world"-program

> from Tkinter import *
>
> root=Tk()
>
> w = Label(root, text="Hallo Welt")
> w.pack()
>
> root.mainloop()

works fine except that the root-window opens and immediately closes
again.

what am i doing wrong?

thanks for helping!

thomas