[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Best Python GUI for Arabic, etc.

Kevin Ollivier kevino at tulane.edu
Tue Jan 20 02:33:53 EST 2004

Hi Gary,

There is a page for OS X/Mac issues but it is a bit hidden. To get
there, you go to the wxPython Wiki, select "Other Docs", then
"wxPythonOSX issues". Here's the link:

http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/wxPythonOSX_20Issues

The buttons issue has been resolved. As for the other issues, I'll try
to take a look at them and see what can be done, but if you could go
ahead and post a note to the wiki page it would be very helpful.

One thing to note too, is that some of the issues (i.e. header tab
spacing) may be a result of wxMac trying to adhere to Apple's Human
Interface Guidelines. It's important to Mac users that applications
follow those guidelines, so wxMac does try to follow them, even if it
may cause some visual differences between the Mac version and those for
Windows/Linux. (If the spacing is off and it is not following the
guidelines, however, then that most certainly needs to be fixed.)

Thanks,

Kevin