[Pythonmac-SIG] uninstalled debugging framework build?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Tue Jan 20 16:26:44 EST 2004

On 20-jan-04, at 16:22, Michael Hudson wrote:
>> After configuring, try editing the Makefile and changing
>> PYTHONFRAMEWORK and PYTHONFRAMEWORKDIR to something like "DbgPython"
>> and "DbgPython.framework". Then edit Mac/OSX/Makefile too so it
>> doesn't overwrite /usr/local/bin/python* and
>> /Applications/MacPython-2.3/*.
>
> An instant problem: I always build in a subdirectory of the source
> directory, but Mac/OSX/Makefile is always accessed from the source
> directory itself.

You can also edit the builddir Makefile only, and pass some extra
arguments to the recursive "make -f $(srcdir)/Mac/OSX/Makefile" calls
in the installframeworkapps and installframeworkunixtools calls. What
exactly you'd need to pass to the recursive make you'd have to figure
out yourself, though (i.e. I'm too lazy to think it up for you:-)
Goldman