[Pythonmac-SIG] libpython2.3.a: No such file or directory

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Jan 22 22:42:37 EST 2004

On Jan 22, 2004, at 10:30 PM, kevin wrote:

> I am trying to compile something (not python, but something called
> pycmix, a front end for cmix, a music synthesis language) and i though
> that i would be bold and try to do it myself and pointed the makefile
> at Jack's build pythonw2.3, but am getting the following error about a
> library. Anyone have any ideas about why this is missing and what i
> could maybe do to remedy this.... It is starting to look like i need
> yet another version of python... I though that jack's python was a
> framework build and had all the stuff that apple's was missing......
>
> I am on Jag latest python from Jack.....

Apparently pycmix has a broken build script.  It should be using
-framework Python instead of trying to link to a static library
directly.  You should take this up with them, they're obviously not
using the canonical way to build python extensions (distutils), so the
fix needs to happen in their custom build phase for the python
extension -- hopefully by replacing it altogether with a distutils
based solution :)