[Pythonmac-SIG] can't delete Tkinter apps built with bundlebuilder

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Fri Jan 23 20:06:20 EST 2004

 I finally go bundlebuilder working (thanks for all the help). Sigh.
Quite a struggle. I plan to post some docs on what I learned when I get
some time. Unfortunately, I'm still in the learning stage...

The Tkinter apps I produce, once executed, cannot be deleted until the
Mac is rebooted (simply logging out and logging back in again does NOT
suffice). The Finder's error message is:

The operation cannot be completed because the item "Python" is in use.

I thought I was quitting and cleaning up properly, but perhaps not. The
app does use a few threads (though I'm pretty sure I've seen the problem
before any of them are launched, since all are assoc. with networking
and I can see the problem even if I never connect to anything).

Any hints on what to look for or useful tricks for working around this
problem would be appreciated.

-- Russell

P.S. this is MacOS X 10.3.2. I'm not sure what other details to post
now. I may try to build a smaller version of the app to try to isolate
the problem.