[Pythonmac-SIG] mod_python on Panther?

michael geary listmail at gearyweb.com
Tue Jan 27 00:29:48 EST 2004

Has anyone done this? The Apple version of Panther doesn't seem to have
a file that mod_python wanted: libpython2.3.a. I found a version of
this file in my /usr/local/src/panther2.3 directory, and when I copied
that to my Apple Python directory and did ranlib on it, the
compile/install of mod_python seemed to go fine. However, I now get:

Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)

in my Apache error log when I try to run a .py file over my webserver.

I'm compiling a source version of 2.3 to my /usr/local root to see if
that will do anything. Any ideas or tips?

Thanks,

michael