[Pythonmac-SIG] PackageManager tarfile MacOS9

Peter Maas peter.maas at mplusr.de
Tue Jan 27 03:10:05 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm a Mac newbie but have some experience with Python (Win32, Linux).
I tried to create a Tkinter app with Python 2.3-MacOS9. As Python-2.3
no longer includes Tkinter I tried to install it with the Package-
Manager. But I got an import error telling that module tarfile doesn't
work for MacOS9. Has anybody an advice how to proceed? Should I use
Python 2.2-MacOS9? Thanks for your help.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Peter Maas

Peter Maas, M+R Infosysteme, D-52070 Aachen, Hubert-Wienen-Str. 24
Tel +49-241-93878-0 Fax +49-241-93878-20 eMail peter.maas at mplusr.de